Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our very 1st egg here at the Applesauce Inn B&B

The Golden Egg!
After months of taking great care to make sure that my ladies were well fed, warm and not bored....we finally have our very 1st egg here at the Applesauce Inn B&B!! Hopefully soon our guests will be enjoying backyard fresh eggs!   I wish I knew which of my little ladies was the 1st...I know it is one of my Issa Browns...and my thought my be that it was Sandee...but I am not completely sure!  I was very excited to find this little gem laying in a corner of the chicken coop.  They are not using the nesting boxes though...they prefer to sleep in them versus laying in them. 
2 of my Issa Browns
Hope to meet you soon at the B&B!!
Jamie~your Innkeeper

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the first egg!! the first of dozens more to come... we have been considering getting chickens for our property and it looks like next summer it may become a possibility... Fresh eggs .. are truly amazing.. Happy Tuesday..HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jamie! Guests will love that breakfast is being made with your own fresh eggs!

    ReplyDelete