This is Berry Yogurt Crunch is perfect with all of the fresh fruit now starting to show up in the markets!
- 3 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 (1.5 ounce) envelope instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries, mixed
- 3/4 cup wheat and barley nugget cereal (e.g. Grape-Nuts™)
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries, mixed
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Combine the yogurt and pudding mix in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups of the mixed berries and the cereal until blended. Pour the yogurt and berry mixture into a 9 inch pie plate. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 1 cup of berries in a medium bowl and slightly mash with a fork. Stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Set mixture aside at room temperature.
- Spoon chilled berry-yogurt mixture into serving dishes. Top with a spoonful of mashed berries, and whipped cream, if desired.