|The Autumn of Summer!!|
Special Dark Chocolate Zucchini Baby Cakes with Cinnamon Ginger Buttercream Frosting~
Ingredients: Makes 7 Baby cakes
- 1 ½ c shredded zucchini
- 1 c all purpose flour
- ½ c Special Dark Hershey Cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ c sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ c dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line the muffin tin
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine sugar, brown sugar and oil. Once completely combined, add the zucchini, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, add chocolate chips and pour into muffin cups, fill to about ¾. 350 for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cinnamon Ginger Butter cream frosting:
½ c butter room temp
3-4 c powdered sugar (depends on how sweet you want it)
Up to 3 tbsp milk to desired consistency
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
In bowl of electric mixer, blend butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar a cup at a time until desired sweetness and consistency is achieved. Add cinnamon and ginger and blend. Add milk as needed.