For 34 years, skiers from all over the state have been gathering to celebrate their passion for the sport of cross-country skiing, and for 34 years, smiling faces have raised money for charitable organizations around the state while having fun with their friends and family.
Race Headquarters » top
|Postal Mail||PO Box 330|
|Mancelona, MI 49659|
Date & Time » top
|Friday, February 4, 2011||Packet Pickup at Shanty Creek Resort |
3:00pm - 9:00pm
|Saturday, February 5, 2011||7:30am to your race start time. New entries and registration changes must be completed 45 minutes prior to the scheduled race start time. |
Location » top
|The Stampede will start at the Mancelona High School and finish at Shanty Creek Resort & Club. |
Click the map on the right for a larger view.
Check-In » topStampeders may check in to receive their ski packets from 3:00 - 9:00p.m. Friday, February 4, at Shanty Creek Resort. Clothing bags will be provided and may be retrieved at all finish areas.
Pre-Race Meeting » topPre-race meetings will be held Saturday at the new Mancelona High School.
- 40km classic & freestyle - 8:45am
- 20km classic & freestyle - 9:45am
- 10km tour - 10:15am
Races in The White Pine Stampede » top
40 Kilometer Event (25 miles) previously the 50kmJoin the thousands who have skied this event on professionally groomed trails which wind through the most picturesque landscape of northwestern Lower Michigan. The race ends at Summit Village at Shanty Creek.
20 Kilometer EventThe 20 kilometer event (12 miles) takes skiers over rolling hills and across fields, concluding at Schuss Village at Shanty Creek.
10 Kilometer Timed TourEnjoy skiing the Roger Eschedor 10 kilometer time tour (6 miles), finishing at Schuss Village at Shanty Creek.
Awards » top
- White Pine Stampede tee shirt, commemorative medal to each entrant.
- White Pine Stampede commemorative plaques are given to the top three finishers in the each classification.
- 40km and 20km men's and women's champions receive the traditional award together with a gift certificate for Shanty Creek.
- Skiers finishing the Stampede will receive a specially cast and registered medal to mark their accomplishment as they cross the finish line.
(Please note: No awards or times will be given to skiers without a bib number.)
Additional Race Information » top
- Child care is available.
A portion of each entry fee is donated to the Children's Hospital of Michigan.