Creamy Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cream the butter or margarine and cream cheese together. Gradually add the white sugar, and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, and soda; mix until batter is just moist.
- In a small bowl, mix together chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Divide 1/2 batter into two greased and floured 8x4 inch loaf pans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over batter in pans, and top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.